Tag Archives: pregnancy
Invisible Pregnant Person Syndrome
It’s a real thing, you know. It causes all pregnant women to become invisible when on crowded trains and buses. Particularly when standing near ‘priority seats’ or other such areas.
Luckily, I’m usually only susceptible to it on Tuesdays, when I finish work earlier to collect the boys.
- Calling people bad names (but only in your head)
- General ouchiness related to being the size of a whale, but attempting to do an advanced form of standing-up-yoga to stay on your feet
- The dreaded overheating, whilst being unable to remove your coat/scarf ensemble
- Being too embarrassed to ask for a seat (is this a British thing? Do pregnant people in other countries have the same problem?)
- Wearing a badge that also becomes invisible on busy methods of transport.
I don’t like labels, and try not to live up to other people’s ideas of who/what I am. But I seem to have attracted a few recently….
Pregnant getting fat big boned hypertensive increased BMI OCD shy antisocial diabetic paranoid overwrought hyper-sensitive sensible overweight old
There’s probably many more
Like I said.. I don’t like labels
A terrifying picture…
This picture scares me:
It looks like it’s simply the innocent scribbling a of a young child, which is kind of true. Until said child explains what the picture is.
It’s called “picture of mammy with two babies in her tummy”
Just in case you’re wondering, mammy does not have two babies in her tummy. She has no babies in her tummy. Which is good. Babies cost money (which mammy does not have) and another one would mean the end of working mammy, as childcare cost lots. Which is why the prospect of two at once is simply terrifying!
There followed much conversation about where the inspiration for this picture came from…
Long story short, my kid wants more younger siblings.
Keep wishing kid!